ENTOG One2One Exchange - Pilot Project
ENTOG – European Network of Trainees in Obstetrics and Gynaecology launches an exciting
pilot project for the trainees to facilitate international exchange all year round!
One2One Exchange is an individual exchange based on our annual event, the ENTOG Exchange. It gives trainees the opportunity to get a more in-depth view of the work and life of other trainees.
The rules are simple: we take offers from the hosts who are willing to invite a colleague from abroad for 1-4 weeks. The visitor is supposed to assist the host in their daily work in the hospital and observe the differences between the two systems of healthcare. Usually the host also offers accommodation but it is not mandatory. The offers are available on the ENTOG website. If a trainee is interested, they can send a message to a selected host via ENTOG. The visitor can offer the host an invitation to their department in exchange. Then, the host and the visitor negotiate the conditions and requirements of visiting one another. Once the exchange is completed, a certificate will be issued by the ENTOG Executive (for both, the host and the visitor).
Review of a host:
"My experience with One2One Exchange completely exceeded expectations. I received 2 trainees from Romania! They basically slept in my couch for 3 weeks, while accompanying me in my professional responsibilities. But it was so much more then that! We shared so many residency stories, so much advise from each other, so many worries about the future... We really connected in a professional and personal level! And I loved having them around, operating with them and talking thru night shifts. We even planed some projects together, so we can continue to meet and work together in the future. A true enriching experience, for sure! I hope to see them soon! and... I can't wait to host again!"
In order to apply, click on APPLY button. Please CHECK HOSTS and don’t forget to indicate which host you chose!
Do you want to be a host? CLICK HERE!
Please check One2One EXCHANGE GUIDELINES before applying.
- Name: BL
- Country: Belgium
- City: Antwerp
- Hospital: University of Antwerp
- Department: Gynaecology-Obstetrics
- Dates available: available from August 2019
- Duration: 1-4 weeks
- Accepts: Males and females
- Description: I am in my last year of residency at a local hospital, but still in contact with the University hospital of Antwerp, 20 minutes by bike or 10 minutes by car from where I live. The application is only starting after august 2019, then I'll bring you in contact with trainees in the University hospital. There is the possibility to do obstetrics and gynecology or oncology, both with one or two days of surgery a week. The University hospital has 1300 deliveries/year.
For accommodation we could definitely arrange something, no problem. Besides an interesting brief internship the city of Antwerp has a buzzing city centre, full of cultural highlights and hotspots, cafés, restaurants and of course parties. If you have more questions, don't hesitate to contact me!