ENTOG One2One Exchange
ENTOG – European Network of Trainees in Obstetrics and Gynaecology launches an exciting project for trainees to facilitate and take part in international exchange all year round!
!!! WE NEED HOSTS !!!
One2One Exchange is an individual exchange based on our annual event, the ENTOG Exchange. It gives trainees the opportunity to get a more in-depth view of the work and life of other trainees.
The rules are simple: we take offers from the hosts who are willing to invite a colleague from abroad for 1-4 weeks. The visitor is supposed to assist the host in their daily work in the hospital and observe the differences between the two systems of healthcare. Usually the host also offers accommodation but it is not mandatory. The offers are available on the ENTOG website. If a trainee is interested, they can send a message to a selected host via ENTOG. The visitor can offer the host an invitation to their department in exchange. Then, the host and the visitor negotiate the conditions and requirements of visiting one another. Once the exchange is completed, a certificate will be issued by the ENTOG Executive (for both, the host and the visitor).
Review of a host:
"My experience with One2One Exchange completely exceeded expectations. I received 2 trainees from Romania! They basically slept in my couch for 3 weeks, while accompanying me in my professional responsibilities. But it was so much more then that! We shared so many residency stories, so much advise from each other, so many worries about the future... We really connected in a professional and personal level! And I loved having them around, operating with them and talking thru night shifts. We even planed some projects together, so we can continue to meet and work together in the future. A true enriching experience, for sure! I hope to see them soon! and... I can't wait to host again!"
In order to apply, click on APPLY button down below. Please CHECK HOSTS and don’t forget to indicate which host you chose!
Do you want to be a host? CLICK HERE!
Please check One2One EXCHANGE GUIDELINES before applying.
- Host initials: LI
- Country: France
- City: Calais, near Lille (Rijsel), Northern France, France
- Hospital: Centre Hospitalier de Calais "Jean Eric Techer"
- Department: Gynaecology and obstetrics - Gynaecological surgery and oncology
- Dates available: February - April 2023
- Duration: 1 week
- Accepts: Males and females
- Description: I'm a 5th year ObGyn trainee currently performing a 6 month gynecological surgery rotation in a medium sized Gynecologic Oncology Department. My 24-hour shifts however imply working in the Delivery Ward as well. The gynecological surgery department works along with a Level 3 Care Maternity Unit, both serving a wide area of Northern France right in front of the English Channel. Calais is a nice middle-sized port city, filled with history dating from WW2, surrounded by nice coastlines and viewpoints, cosmopolitan restaurants and many kite surfing schools all year round. You should try to see out for yourself!