- To achieve a better understanding of training in gynaecology-obstetrics in different European countries, thus helping to ensure a comparable standard of training.
- To achieve the highest possible standards of training and consequently improve the quality of medical care given to women and their babies
ENTOG engages in the following areas of activity to achieve these objectives:
- To promote the creation in all European countries of National Commissions or Networks of trainees.
- To collaborate with the European Board and College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology (EBCOG) in the recommendation of the standards required for the training of specialists, and the means of maintaining those standards.
- To examine the content and quality of training in all countries of Europe.
- To collaborate with EBCOG in the recommendation of the criteria to which the specialist training centres should conform.
- To ensure that knowledge and skills of specialist obstetricians and gynaecologists are maintained and updated at regular intervals.
- To promote research between the trainees and young gynaecologists/obstetricians, including multi-centre European projects.
- To facilitate the exchange of trainees and young gynaecologists/obstetricians, between training centres throughout Europe to harmonise and improve the quality of training.